Friday, August 26, 2005

"Yes They're Fake!"

Check out the Cosmetic Surgery & Plastic Surgery Network. It's a little bit terrifying. It was started by this 33 year-old girl in Las Vegas named Marianna Guarena (this link takes you to her story), who started having plastic surgery on a regular basis in 1998. The primary thing that I find freaky is that she looked pretty...and NORMAL looking...to begin with!

What forces drive people to get poked and stretched and pumped up in ways that nature never intended? They are called GRAVITY and the ELEMENTS AROUND US, folks, and we're all going to sag and wrinkle over time, but who really gives a rat's ass about it? Hell, I'm 34 and am quickly falling out of any childlike shape I ever had even two years ago. If I were to be judged on the basis of appearances only, I'd most definitely be screwed. You know what? I see it from the perspective of "as long as I am happy with the things I do on a daily basis, and as long as I have the mental capacities (along with proper meds...heheh) that allow me to engage my spirit in the world around me rather just focusing on rapidly whitening hair (it ain't going GRAY, just SOLID WHITE) sagging wrinkles on my eyelids, a growing butt, putting on a few pounds (which did have a slight bonus effect in that some of the poundage found its way to my boobs). I'm deep in the grasp of a double Ambien right now, so I'd better post this before it becomes an entire novel unto itself.

IN THE MEANTIME: People, PLEASE don't allow your subconscious fears of death encourage you to stretch your skin into unnatural forms just to "look younger or prettier". It's still just the "same old YOU" physically, but the ethereal spirit which your physical body merely serves as a cheap storage box for is FAR more significant.


We won't live forever.

The physical body, having served its purpose in housing the spirit, decays.

What is to become of a spirit neglected for the sake of improving the box in which it dwelt?


OKAY, it's way late and I'm probably sounding kinda funky, so off to bed for me!
ariK

5 Comments:

Blogger Storm Trooper said...

Snausages!

8/26/2005 4:46 AM  
Blogger Morning wood said...

I'm thinking about having surgery to reduce my unusually large penis. It's now at a point where women can't even handle it.

8/26/2005 7:22 AM  
Blogger ariadneK, Ph.D. said...

Damn, that DOES sound like a real problem Morning Wood!

8/26/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Storm Trooper said...

Yeah, midgets and little girls can't handle it. That is a problem.

8/27/2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Morning wood said...

Your mom can handle it though. IN THE ASS!

8/27/2005 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home